Sunday, September 7, 2008

Gone, Baby Gone...

If your child hasn't taken scissors to their hair yet...they will. Aidan has had trains stuck in his, cut a small chunk that I - at the time - thought was awful. I had to trim his hair. Today I stuck him in the bathroom to well...ya know. Anyway - later on I went in and there were beautiful locks of hair the color of wheat at noonday. I looked at Aidan's hair and noticed a nice sized chunk out of the top of his hair. So I trimmed his hair again and noticed larger, close to the skin chunks taken out. Daddy then stepped in and did the dirty work while mommy tried to hide her crying.

Aidan was okay when they first started. It tickled and he didn't mind it so much. He just kept moving around making it more difficult for Jeff to do it.


Still okay. Jeff is obviously enjoying this. After Aidan saw what was going on in the mirror he started crying saying he wanted his hair and he didn't want to look like Harry.


This has been a traumatic thing for me. Everytime he comes into the room or I walk in on him I almost scream. He looks absolutely adorable, he just doesn't look like my Bob anymore! Jeff had to shave his head after this so he and daddy can have the same hair. He even has the same hair as Gramps!!! We'll have to make sure we get a picture of the bald guys when they go to Mississippi this week! :)

3 comments:

Chad and Kristen said...

isn't it sad....they suddenly turn from your baby boy into a little boy...sniff sniff

courtney said...

Oh Miranda...I am laughing and wanting to cry at the same time! How sweet that Jeff was home and able to do the dirty work...and then take it to his own head. Can't wait to see the pics of all your beautiful baldies.

Jen and Her 3 Boys said...

I must say I laughed my tail off at this one. Did Jeff have to do it so close? He could have left him a little "peach fuzz". You can tell him that he has the same haircut had Brandon now. That makes him cool! :)