Saturday, December 12, 2009

Merry Christmas! Happy Holidays!

I love Christmas. Everything about Christmas is magical, from the pure joy in children's eyes, to the giving hearts of grown men and women. I always think what a shame it is that I can't have my tree up all year, but having everything up for one month makes my decorations all the more special to me. I love our tree! I love the multi colored lights and mismatched ornaments. I love that the cat sleeps under it and the kids rearrange the ornaments.

I painted this village with me mum a long time ago. I still have more I need to paint. I really enjoy doing this stuff! Its a good outlet :)

Aidan and I did some popcorn stringin'. He had so much fun doing it - so did I! Its getting really fun being able to do more things with Aidan.

I love our house! Have I ever mentioned that before? Though our house is small, it is perfect for us! Its so amazingly cozy and happy and it really is home. I'm so thankful to have a home and to be able to stay here for as long as we want to. It breaks my heart when I hear about the -5 temps outside at night and I think of those without homes or family. It truly puts everything into perspective. I think its extremely important that we do what we can to help those less fortunate than us. Everyone has something we need and we have something they need. Even if its just a hello or a warm scarf for a cold day.

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

courtney said...

I love your house too! I think "home" is a better word to use, though. Your HOME is wonderful!