Sunday, October 25, 2009

Random food post...

Well I found a super easy dish online that Jeff is obsessed with. That doesn't happen often. We had it 4 nights in 1 week if that tells you anything. So I thought I'd post the recipe if anyone wanted to try it.
Before you start, boil your water
Sautee 1/2 onion in about tbls butter
Add your pasta (we use shells) to the water (your pasta will be done when the rest is ready for it)
add 1/2 c chicken broth
frozen or canned peas (however many you'd like)
1 can chicken chopped up (its just easier to used canned chicken)

After the chicken broth has reduced, add 3/4 c heavy cream.
season with salt and pepper or seasoning salt. Simmer for about 5-10 min until the sauce thickens a bit. Add pasta. You can add more cream for more sauce if you'd like. We usually do. :)

It orginally called for ham, but we didn't have any. We also used green beans instead of peas once. I'm sure any veggie would taste fine. This is a 20 minute recipe. Enjoy!

(let me know if you try it and if you tried anything different with it)

1 comment:

Chad and Kristen said...

I'm going to have to try this!!!