Saturday, October 3, 2009

Apple Pickin'

We have an ugly, old apple tree in our backyard. We never bothered trying to pick any apples because they would all fall off or have worm holes all over them. Jeff pruned the tree last year and we got a ton of apples this year! We went outside to clean up toys and grabbed a couple apples for Bob and we ended up picking apples for 45 minutes! We still have 1/2 the tree to pick. We had a lot of fun too!

Aidan and Harry loved climbing the ladder to reach the high ones.

Jeff found the perfect apple!

Here was my best apple I picked.

Today's pickin's! We still have double that on the tree waiting for us. Time to learn how to can! :)

1 comment:

PennilessCaucasianRubbish said...

Untill you learn to can, make your self a big ol' Crisp! YUMMO~ I have my favorite Crisp recipe on Group, it works with any fruit (I've tried it with lots of different ones) and apples are especially good in it... YummO~ I also have another great Apple Recipe I got from Josh's Mom to go with Pork Tenderloin (I know, it sounds weird but it's AMAZING!) if you want it...

BIG HUGs
Heather