Monday, July 6, 2009

A little experiment...

Peff - get ready - because you are fully involved in this one!

Those of you who really know me know that I LOVE the old shows like Dick Van Dyke, I Love Lucy, Leave it to Beaver...you get the idea. One of the things that fascinates me about them is how perfect the wives and therefore the children are. Now I know there is no such thing as a perfect wife or mother - but I want to try. I have been wondering though - did they have it right? There is a book called Fascinating Womanhood by Helen Andelin that makes some points for moms back then. I'm going to try it out and see if it really does make a difference or if it just leaves me feeling like a slave and unsatisfied.

I've started a blog so I can have somewhere to put my results, thoughts, feelings. If you want to follow me - that would be great. Its always nice to know that I'm not talking to myself. Please leave comments and ideas too. And if you're a femminst - lol may as well not even look.

www.momofthe50s.blogspot.com

1 comment:

PennilessCaucasianRubbish said...

Hmmmmm.... Sounds like an interesting prospect. Good luck!! I'll go subscribe to the other Blog right now. It might help too to speak to some women who actually DID the Housewife thing in the 50s so you can get a real perspective. The people on TV had everything perfect 'cause they had the MONEY to make it that way. I imagine the shows from then are about as 'realistic' as TV Sitcoms are in comparison to real life now. There is something to be said when it comes to tapping into your own God given impulse to Nurture though and that's what a housefrau does, Nuture Nuture Nuture. You just gotta remember to nuture YOURSELF too, ok? ;o)

Big Hugs
Heather