Monday, July 6, 2009

EARWIGS!

I have lived with cockroaches extra large and small. I have had a mice scurrying in the kitchen when we lived on the farm. I have disected frogs and worms and had spiders crawl across my face. But nothing - I repeat NOTHING is more slimy, disgusting, horrifying or nauseating to me than earwigs! And we have tons of them here! For the last 3 summers we have had them everywhere in our yard and even some brave ones that decide to go to the basement. Well, I decided to do a little research on these wretched insects. I learned that they don't nest inside - this is very good. I also found a natural way to kill them which I am happy to do.

We put an empty tuna can (we didn't rinse it) with olive oil and bacon grease behind our bbq near our laundry room window. I had forgotten about it. We just put it out last night. Well Jeff came running in the house all out of breath, grinning from ear to ear and nearly prancing like a little girl because he was so excited. He took me outside to show me and I thought I was going to throw up! There were probably 100 or more in that little can! It was completely full! As I type this, Jeff is on his way to the store for more olive oil and bacon. I'm sacrificing full cans of tuna to the neighborhood cats tonight as well.

So - if you have earwigs - do it! It seriously works. I'm just so happy that so many are gone now that I had to blog. How sad is that? BUT I didn't put a picture up with this post because if any of you feel the same way about those things as I do - you would never look at my blog again.

Happy earwig hunting!

1 comment:

Kristen Spencer said...

eeewww!!! I just got the chills!!!